Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our sappy love song.

Yesterday Zeb & I celebrated 4 years together.

Has it really been 4 years since destiny intervened in my mediocre teenage life & sent a straight talkin', curly-headed man walking through the door, inevitably changing my world forever? I mean, c'mon. It can't be. Four years? Already?! I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around this fact. I think the universe is just messing with me. I mean, if it's really been 4 years, then where the heck have I been? Jupiter? Because I sure as heck haven't been living on this planet. While I've been living in La La land, time has pulled a fast one on me & marched through 4 years of my life before I could even blink. There's just something about this hyperspeed-like transition of time that has shocked me into a genuine existential panic. I feel like I need to pull some giant emergency brake on the universe so I can fully absorb the endless waves of transformation that's rocking my world right now. Or, at least until my head can stop spinning.

Despite my refusal to accept this reality, it really has been 4 years since the day Zeb waltzed into my life like he owned the place. But, because God is so good & the universe is so beautiful... the past 4 years have been ridiculously dreamlike & wonderful. I feel like I've been living in my own modern day fairytale with a Prince Charming made to my exact specifications. I could not have gotten a better guy fit for the job of my happily ever after if I picked him out of a catalog myself. He is enormously kind & genuine. His work ethic is admirable & his creativity is unmatched. He's driven, passionate, & free spirited. He takes care of me in every way imaginable, always going above & beyond to make sure I'm happy. His love for me is immeasurable, potent, & unconditional. I feel safe with him. I'm my truest self with him. And, I love him. I love him more then I could possibly ever explain. I love him more then I have ever loved anything in my entire life. I love him for countless ridiculous reasons. I love his round, flexible, monkey-like feet. I love that he has never quite mastered the correct way to spell any word in the English language. I love that he can never--not for the life of him!--hold a drink in his hands without spilling it all over himself & drowning everything else around him. I love the way he miraculously adopts new languages & accents when he talks in his sleep. (The New Joyzee accent is a personal favorite of mine. I'm also quite fond of his fluent Chinese.) I could go on forever about the many ways & reasons I've grown to absolutely adore this man over the past 4 years, but I'll just leave it at: I just love him. It's as simple and as complex as that. I find immense comfort in just knowing that he exists... that he's decided to share his world with me... that he loves me... that I could love him. The happiness I've felt with him the past 4 years is something I'm forever grateful for... and I can't wait to spend the rest of my years with him. ♥

1 comment:

Shine said...

Four years have gone by so quickly......Cannot believe FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I wish you both MANY, MANY more years of happiness together~~